The Sydney Local Health District Board is chaired by the Hon John Ajaka. Together our board members bring a wealth of experience and local knowledge to the management of our District.
The Sydney Local Health District Board and the Chief Executive are responsible for:
- Improving local patient outcomes and responding to issues that arise throughout our Local Health District.
- Monitoring the performance of our Local Health District against performance measures in the Local Health District Service Agreement.
- Delivering services and performance standards within an agreed budget, based on annual strategic and operating plans. This forms the basis of our Local Health District Service Agreement.
- Ensuring services are provided efficiently and accountably. Production of Annual Reports that are subject to State financial accountability and audit frameworks.
- Maintaining effective communication with local and State public health
Minutes of Board Meetings
The Board of Sydney Local Health District is committed to open and transparent governance. As part of this commitment, the minutes of the monthly Board meetings are published online. Meetings are held on the second Monday of each month.