Here at Balmain Hospital we care about our staff and recognise that they are our most valuable asset. It is our responsibility to support our workforce to provide the best possible to care to patients.
Accommodation is available at Stacey House for staff and students based at either Balmain or RPA Hospital.
The Residential Quarters is located behind the main building of Balmain Hospital along Sorrie Street and is within the Hospital grounds. Please refer to attached map of the hospital for further details.
Stacey House is located just minutes from the main street of Balmain. There are plenty of cafes, restaurants and shops all within easy walking distance. A number of recreational activities are also available in the Balmain peninsula including the Bay Run and Tom Uren Trail.
Stacey House has the following room types available for rent:
- Single room; includes one room with a single bed, wardrobe and a desk.
- Double room; includes two rooms with a double bed, Desk, chair and a wardrobe.
- Apartment is simply furnished.
All rooms have shared facilities on each floor of Stacey House with the exception of the apartment. Shared facilities include:
- Shared use of kitchen, bathroom, lounge and laundry facilities.
- The kitchen has a stove, cooking utensils, fridge and microwave.
- Coin operated washing machine and dryers are conveniently located on the ground floor.
- The lounge room has a television, lounge set and a small dining table.
- There is an outdoor area with tables, chairs and a pool for resident use only.
Parking and Public Transport
Stacey House is within easy walking distance of shops, the local bus services which are regularly serviced. The Balmain Ferry is also a 10 minute walk away. For further information regarding available transport to Balmain Hospital, please see our Transport Access Guide.
Bookings and more information
If you would like further information about our staff accommodation, or would like to enquire about availability, please do not hesitate to contact our Residential Manager using the below contact details:
Phone: 02 9395 2003