Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
About this course
Our Certificate IV in Leadership & Management program provides the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for effective management and leadership. It supports the application of management competencies in the workplace.
Topics reflect the role of individuals who take the first line of management as supervisors, leading hands, team leaders or coordinators. Frontline managers provide leadership and guidance to others and take responsibility for the effective functioning and performance of the team and its work.
What you will learn
The program covers skills such as: setting and prioritising goals, continuous improvement, operational planning, risk management, leadership, workplace relationships, customer service, teamwork and the management of health and wellbeing.
This qualification can be mapped to National Standards 1.1, 1.7, 1.8, 1.10, 1.13, 1.19, 1.20, 1.22, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 6.1, 6.2 & 6.3.
By the end of this program
- Participants will implement, monitor and adjust plans, processes and procedures in line with organisational goals and priorities, to continuously improve own and team performance.
- Participants will identify, analyse and evaluate risk in relation to own work and projects to meet work health safety and organisational requirements.
- Participants will be able to model and articulate organisational values and leadership behaviours in order to maintain positive relationships and team cohesion.
- Participants will learn techniques for problem solving, conflict resolution and effective communication to manage work relationships to achieve planned outcomes.
- Participants will assist customers articulate their needs so that they can be met.
- Participants will develop skills to manage their own work priorities and their own health and well-being in the workplace.
Units of Competency
Develop leadership in the workplace
Lead and facilitate a team
Lead effective workplace relationships
Develop work priorities
Coordinate business operational plan
Facilitate continuous improvement
Apply communication strategies in the workplace
Apply business risk management processes
Lead difficult conversations
Implement customer service strategies
Manage personal health and well being
Who is it for?
Acting or relieving managers, supervisors, staff aspiring into management.
Applications close: Sunday 31 March 2024
Program commences: June 2024
Target completion date: September 2025
You will be required to complete 11 sessions of training as part of this program. These sessions will be held at the Sydney Education Rozelle Campus or online.
You will also be required to complete a small continuous improvement project and assessment workbooks that will assess the application of your knowledge and skills. In addition to this certificate, students must also enrol in and complete an additional "Conflict Resolution" course to supplement your learning.
Support for participants
All students will be provided with support from the program coordinator and their own supervisors who will need to authorise attendance, verify workplace performance and provide support to their staff member throughout the program.
Please complete an Expression of Interest form with the endorsement of your line manager. Please send this to the program coordinator.
Please note: Positions in the qualification will not be offered until the Expression of Interest has closed. This program is available for applicants outside of Sydney Local Health District (fees may apply). Please contact Sydney Education for more information.
Expression of interest form