Book an Appointment
To book an appointment please contact the Centralised Oral Health Intake and Information Service on 02 9293 3333 or 1300 559 393 (between 8am–4.15pm).
Tip: Please ensure that you are eligible for care in the Public Oral Health Service, before making a booking.
Information we may ask
During your call, the call centre worker will ask you questions. These may include:
- if you have accessed the service before
- your contact/current address
- about your eligibility
- about your dental health
Based on the information provided, we will:
- book you in for an emergency appointment; or
- you will be put on our waitlist and advised of the next steps.
Free Interpreter Services
Free Health Care Interpreter Services are available to help you with your appointment. To book an interpreter for your appointment call 02 9515 0030.
If you require an interpreter to assist in booking an appointment, please call on 131 450.
Frequently asked questions
What happens after I've made an appointment?
If this is your first appointment, your call centre worker will confirm your appointment day and time, and provide the clinic address details.
You will also receive an appointment confirmation letter in the mail with your appointment details (including interpreter confirmation for patients requiring language support).
I need to change my appointment?
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment prior to the date and time of your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible so we can give your appointment to another patient.
To change your appointment, please call the Department or Clinic direct via the phone number on your appointment card/letter. If this is your first appointment, you can call us on 02 9293 3333 or 1300 559 393.
Please be advised that patients who fail to attend two or more appointments without prior notification may have their treatment discontinued or may need to go back on the wait list.
What if my situation changes?
If your dental condition gets worse while you are waiting for an appointment, please call us on 02 9293 3333 or 1300 559 393.
Please also let us know if your address or contact details change while you are waiting for an appointment.
What to bring to your appointment
Please bring the following items to each appointment:
- Medicare Card.
- Centrelink Concession Card (if applicable) – for example Health Care Card, Pensioner Concession Card, Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, Veteran Affairs Card.
- Photo ID – for example your NSW driver licence or passport.
- Change of name documentation (if required), including a photo image of the form.
- Medical history questionnaire form.
- Details of any medication that you are taking, including photo images of the medication.
Please note, if you do not bring documentation to your appointment, you may be rescheduled to a later date.