A NSW Government website


Seeking Support, Supporting Others

We offer a range of services throughout Sydney Local Health District. To find out which service is best for you call the Drug Health Services Centralised Intake Line.

Drug Health Services Centralised Intake Line

Call us on 1800 793 466 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5pm) to find out which services is best for you.

If you call out-of-hours or if the Intake Line is busy, please call again during clinic hours, or leave a voicemail message. Don’t forget to state your name and contact details clearly, so Intake staff can call you back.

When you call the Intake Line, you will be assessed briefly and referred to the most appropriate Drug Health service in our District. If for any reason we are unable to assist, or if you will be better served by another service, we will offer referrals to an alternative, or more appropriate service.

Visit our patient information privacy page to learn more about your right to information.

Self-assessment and self-care tools

This Way Up – Digital Mental Health Treatment Therapy on demand – online evidence-based programs to help improve the way you feel.
Blue Knot – Empowering Recovery from Complex Trauma A series of fact sheets to support different groups affected by complex trauma including childhood trauma and abuse.
Turning Point Self-assessments Helping you understand your own health and wellbeing and seek help if needed.

Treatment information

Opioid Treatment Line

Phone: 1800 642 428 (Monday to Friday, 9.30am–5pm – closed public holidays)
Telephone helpline providing opioid pharmacotherapy information, referrals, advice and a forum for pharmacotherapy concerns. Opioid pharmacotherapy is specifically treatment for opioid dependence (for example heroin, morphine and codeine)
Stimulant Treatment Line

Sydney metropolitan phone: 02 9361 8088; Regional and rural NSW phone: 1800 10 11 88
NSW state-wide telephone service providing education, information, counselling and referrals to support services. This service supports people using stimulants such as speed, ice, ecstasy/MDMA, cocaine etc.

Information on substances

Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS) NSW

Phone: 1800 250 015

ADIS web chat

A free and confidential counselling helpline for NSW residents with concerns around alcohol and/or drug misuse and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Your Room Important facts and resources about alcohol and other drugs.

Information for young people

The Facts About Vaping Information, facts and resources about vaping.
Stay OK at Music Festivals How to stay safe at music festivals campaign.
Respect Your Brain An animated video series exploring how alcohol, cannabis, MDMA, alcohol with antidepressants, vaping affect a developing brain.

Sharps collection

  • For sharps on public land, call the Needle Pickup Hotline on 1800 633 353
  • For sharps on private land, contact the relevant landlord or owner
  • Social housing tenants can call your local Land and Housing Corporation maintenance hotline
  • City of Sydney offer a map of sharps disposal bins

Access to clean injecting equipment

Clean injecting equipment can be accessed at primary and secondary needle syringe programs or via automated dispensing machines throughout every Local Health District – visit NSW Needle and Syringe Program (NSP) outlets for locations throughout NSW.

Other support services

Ask Izzy A search database for important support services.
Services in your region A Central and Eastern Sydney Public Health Network (CESPHN) resource linking to available general health services.
Psychosocial service navigation A Central and Eastern Sydney Public Health Network (CESPHN) resource linking to available mental health services.
HealthDirect directory Find a bulk-billing GP practice.
SMART recovery Peer recovery groups.
Alcoholics Anonymous 12-step fellowship group for people dependent on alcohol.
Narcotics Anonymous 12-step fellowship group for people dependent on narcotic drugs.

Community participation – how you can get involved

Community Drug Action Team Find out how you can get involved with your local Community Drug Action Team to address drug and alcohol issues in your local community.
Neighbourhood Advisory Boards Get involved in resident groups representing public housing tenants