If you smoke or want to help someone who smokes, there is a lot of support available:
- Visit iCanQuit for helpful tips and tools.
- Talk to your family doctor who knows your health history and can help you manage challenges with quitting nicotine, quitting vapes, and staying quit, including quit smoking medications.
- Aboriginal specific brochures – Ready to Give Up?; Unsure About Giving Up?; and Stay a Non-Smoker. Keep Up the Good Work!
Smoke-free Health Care
We are working to reduce the harm from smoking in and throughout our health care facilities, ensuring smoke-free environments for our patients, staff and visitors.
This means that in line with the NSW Health Smoke-free Health Care Policy (2015):
- All Sydney Local Health District premises, vehicles and events are smoke-free.
- The smoke-free policy applies also to using e-cigarettes or vapes in smoke-free public places.
- All clients who are treated within Sydney Local Health District hospitals and community health facilities are asked about their smoking status and provided with support to quit or not smoke during their hospital stay.